Durkee Poppy Seeds will add a nutty flavor and crunchy texture. They are visually appealing when mixed into foods or sprinkled on as a garnish.
Durkee Spices offer:
- Clear packaging designed for easy and efficient use, with convenient slip-guard side grips and a shake/pour cap
- Easy-to-read, full bilingual labels (English and Spanish)
- Complete nutritional panels on every product
- Unique tamper evident packaging preserves flavor and keeps spices as fresh as the day they were packaged
- Versatility and variety - from core spices and seasonings to value added blends
Poppy Seeds are great when added to breads, muffins, cakes, cookies, dressings, pasta and pasta salads, rice, fillings for coffee cakes and pastries. Sprinkle on top of yeast breads, hamburger buns, hard rolls and bagels. Adds a delightful flavor and visual appeal to sauces and fruit salads.
Typically a baking spice but also used in salad dressings and sauces. Toasting or baking the seeds at 350F for about 10 minutes brings out the nutty flavor and produces a crunchy texture. Saute 2 Tablespoons of Durkee Poppy Seed in butter and stir into cooked noodles, rice, and vegetables. Start with 1/8 tsp. per serving and adjust from there.